Friday, September 5, 2008

labor day means LABOR DAY!


Well, I thought I would kick it into domestic mode and start canning! My grandma came over and we canned ....ready..... almost 100 quarts of peaches! Next are pears! It was a lot of work, but it was kind of fun. Now my kids can have fresh peaches all winter long! The only place we have to store them is under the house. Rylee is thrilled because she loves going under the house(ew! bugs!)and when I need a couple jars of peaches it is her job to go get some. She is excited and so am I...I hate being under the house! It is a win-win situation!

2 comments:

Hilty Sprouts said...

WOW.... I need help on my peaches....i think i may not be using enough sugar but they seem to brown at the top for me... Any thoughts..

Hi BTW... We need to get together and eat some food sometime... Joel

Kramer Family said...

Are you caning them? If so, how long are you cooking them for?